Tuesday, June 13, 2023

(Not) Wordless Wednesday - St. Petersburg

 These photos are from the first time we visited Russia in 2014.

If you do your own thing in Russia you need to get a visa, not that many people would want to under the current conditions in that part of the world now! The ships tell you that you have to take their tours but that is not true. We booked with a registered Russian tour company and had eight in our group as opposed to ship tours with forty people.


St. Nicholas Naval Cathedral built in 1753.


We weren't allowed to take photos so I stood in the doorway with the flash turned off and hoped no-one would notice.

I took so many photos there so more will most likely be appearing here. I am glad I did though as we obviously will never return there.

I am joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for the blog hop.


12 comments:

  1. What an adventure. I would love to visit there. Beautiful. You're such a world traveler.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Jackie. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never been there, so now the only solution is to see images.
    Impressive building and interior. Thank you for the presentation.
    Happy WW, Jackie! Have a fine week!😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. LQQKS beautiful and well done for getting these lovely photos taken :-)

    Have an adventuroustastic weke Jackie 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave one sneaking photos in Russia. Mom went there on a ship. The tour thing was very controlling and she was happy to get back on the ship and sail away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing architecture! You're definitely a seasoned traveller, not the one bawling on take-offs and spilling food/drink everywhere. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, but definitely no place I would want to go. Of course, I never want to go anywhere as I am a homebody. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos of a special journey for you ~ and to share with us ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all beautiful! I'm glad you got to go there at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm envious too!
    Gorgeous photos, Jackie.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I always try to return comment visits.
Comment moderation is enabled after 48 hours but for some reason Blogger is moderating everything at the moment, so don't worry if you don't see your comment immediately.